Polar Knowledge Canada has made this one-time fund available to Yukon College to assist students facing “unexpected circumstances”.
How to apply
Students must submit a completed “Unexpected Circumstances Fund Application”.
Hard copies are available in the Academic Support Centre, A2300, Ayamdigut Campus. At the Community Campuses, applications are available from the Campus Coordinators.
All applications must be received no later than 4:30 PM on Monday, March 12, 2018
How funds will be administered
A committee will review all applications on March 13, 2018. Distribution in the form of a gift card will be done March 16 – March 27, 2018.
Value of Gift Cards
The number and value of gift cards distributed will depend upon number of application received vs number of full-time/part-time applicants.
- Applicant must be a Yukon College Student.
- Student must be a Yukon resident (must be legally entitled to remain in Canada and have lived in Yukon for the 2 years right before start of classes).
- Student must complete the “Unexpected Circumstances” Student Fund Application in order to be eligible to receive the funding.
- Full-time students will receive the full fund allotment while part-time students will received ½ of the fund allotment.
- Payment will be made in the form of a gift card.
- Value of gift cards (funding allotment) will depend upon number of eligible applications and Student Status (part-time/full-time).