Yukon College Home Student Services Transferring credits across Canada

Transferring credits across Canada

 There are three ways to transfer your Yukon College credits.

1. Provincial Transfer Agreements

Yukon College is an approved member of both the BC and Alberta provincial transfer agreements.

The BC Council on Admissions and Transfer  allows most credits at Yukon College to be transferred to any public university or college in BC. The BCtransferguide.ca website provides detailed information on what courses at Yukon College transfer to which universities and colleges in BC.

The Alberta Council on Admission and Transfer also allows most credits at Yukon College to be transferred to any public college or university in Alberta. The acat.gov.ab.ca/new_transfer_search/new_transfer_search_info.asp page provides details on which institutions will honour which Yukon College credit transfers.

2. Block transfer

Yukon College has ‘block transfer’ agreements with other institutions which allow you to transfer all of the credits from a program at Yukon College, in one block, to another program at another school. Check with your program advisor at Yukon College for possible ‘block transfer’ agreements.

3. Individual course transfer

Colleges and universities across Canada (and around the world) will generally give you credit for courses you have taken at Yukon College. Sometimes you’ll get credit for the specific course you’ve taken; sometimes it may be elective credit or ‘unassigned credit’.  This option is a case-by-case model. It depends on the Registrar at the institution to which you’re applying. If you run into problems transferring any Yukon College course on a case-by-case basis, contact the appropriate YC school chair for advice and assistance.

Dual Admission

Yukon College also has a ‘dual admission’ agreement with Thompson Rivers University in the areas of Liberal Arts, Science and Business Administration. For complete information, please see the attached PDF and application form.