Academic Support Centre
The Academic Support Centre exists to support all students at Yukon College. The Centre offers a supportive and welcoming space for students to study and receive help with writing, math, computers, and other academic skills.
Academic Support Centre services include:
- Walk-in help with writing, math, computers, and other academic skills in room A2309
- Lorene Robertson Writing Centre appointments
- Learning strategies support and workshops
- Study spaces: Quiet Study room A2305 and Tutorial room A2316
Subject specific assistance is available throughout the year, but please note that services are more readily available during the fall and winter terms. During the fall and winter terms, the Centre hours include daytime and some late days.
Check the whiteboard in A2309 for the latest schedule updates.
Lorene Robertson Writing Centre
The Lorene Robertson Writing Centre is staffed by helpful writing coaches from across the College and offers one-on-one appointments to students in need of writing support.
The Lorene Robertson Writing Centre can help you:
- Get started on an assignment and focus your ideas
- Outline and plan your assignment
- Write clearly, logically and effectively
- Address specific needs and writing problems
- Revise the first and final drafts of your project
- Gain confidence in your writing
For in-person appointments, the Centre coaching office is located in the Academic Support Centre in room A2302 (in April, coaching appointments will be held in the tutorial room A2316). You can also participate in a coaching appointments over the phone or online.
Please note: Appointments times are completely booked if no times appear on the calendar below.
If there are no available appointments:
- Check the Academic Support Centre (A2309) for general, walk-in writing support times.
- Email email@example.com so that we can consider other times that may be needed for student support. (Please note that this does not guarantee a new appointment but does provide us with valuable feedback!)
If you need to cancel an appointment, please email the Lorene Robertson Writing Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867.668.8850 OR toll free 1.800.661.0504.
Quiet Study room A2305
This room is available for quiet study Mondays through Fridays from 8am – 4pm for use by all students.
Tutorial room (A2316)
This tutorial room is available for use by:
- Instructors for reviewing sessions, recording lessons, or invigilating exams
- Students for group study space and projects
Please phone 867.668.8850 OR toll free 1.800.661.0504 if you have any questions about booking this tutorial room.