Current Yukon College students can borrow a laptop for a 24-hour period, with a maximum of two renewals. A power supply cable can be provided if student wants to borrow a device for longer than 4 hours.
By using the library account to borrow items from the library, borrowers agree to be responsible for those items, including replacement charges for lost or damaged items and overdue fines that may arise from returning or renewing items after the due date.
- Students must have a current library account.
- Borrowers can only borrow 1 laptop at a time.
- 1-day Loan with two renewals ONLY. If a student needs a laptop longer than 3 days, he or she must return the one they borrowed and check out a different one.
- Renewals can be done online by the borrowers by login in to their Library account on the Library Services page (https://yukoncollege.yk.ca/library).
- If a student wants to borrow a laptop for the weekend, he or she must borrow it on Friday.
- If laptops are needed for more than 4 hours, a power supply cable can be checked out with the device.
- Overdue charges for laptops are $10.00/day. Laptop must be renewed with the 24-hour loan. Renewals are not possible if the laptop is overdue.
- Student must save any personal documents in OneDrive, other personal online account, or USB memory stick (as shown on the page attached to the laptop front cover).
Laptops will be checked for damage and for any saved personal files. Personal files will be deleted; files on the desktop, trash bin, downloads, and search history will be cleared.
Library laptops are not intended for long-term use. Students who need access to a computer on a permanent basis are encouraged to use services such as Computer for Schools.