From the Catalogue:
- Go to our Catalogue and search for the topic of your interest.
- Click on eBook in the “format” column to refine to e-books only.
For more help, check this handhout.
From the Databases:
- Go to the “Databases and subject guides” section of the Library Services page and then choose your form of access (Find Articles: all databases if on campus or Find Articles: Databases from home if off-campus). You need a library account for off-campus access.
- From the list of databases, click on either on Ebsco Ebook Collection or Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL). These databases have different e-book titles, so it is recommended to check both.
- Search for the topic of your interest.
When downloading ebooks from Ebsco Ebooks Collection, you will need this:
If using a computer
a) Adobe Digital Editions account: Download Adobe Digital Editions and create a free account at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html
b) My Ebscohost account: on the Ebsco Ebooks Collection database, click "Sign In" at the top toolbar to login to your Ebscohost account. Links to create or reset your ebscohost account are also available on this page.
If using a tablet or smartphone
a) BlueFire Reader App. The app is available from the App Store or Google Play store. IMPORTANT: make sure BlueFire Reader is authorized to use your Adobe Digital Editions credentials. After the first install, BlueFire Reader will prompt you to enter or create your Adobe Digital Editions login and password. Complete this operation to authorize the app.
b) My Ebscohost account: Ebsco Ebook App will prompt you to a "Sign In" page prior to downloading an e-book. Enter your Ebscohost account on this page. If needed, you can also reset your account or create a new one from the same page.
To download an e-book on any device:
1. After clicking on "Download Offline", enter your Ebscohost account credentials. You can create or reset your account from the same screen if needed.
2. Click "Checkout & Download"
3. Open the file. If using a computer, Adobe Digital Editions will be prompted on your screen. If using a mobile device, the e-book will open on BlueFire Reader app.
Note: E-books will remain available on your computer or device between 7 and 14 days (depending on the item). You can download the same item again if needed.
Check also the Ebscohost support centre for E-books and Audiobooks: http://support.ebsco.com/ebooks/
NAP one of the only online bookstores that provides anyone in the connected world with free page-by-page access to all of the publisher's books. As of June 1st 2011, all of our PDFs are offered free of charge to all online visitors.
Open Library project is managed by the organization Internet Archive and it provides access to millions of free e-books through partnerships with libraries all over the world. It includes all sorts of topics, from academic books to pulp fiction. Check this handout for more information on how to use this service.
UC Press E-Books Collection, 1982-2004, includes almost 2,000 books from academic presses on a range of topics, including art, science, history, music, religion, and fiction. Access to the entire collection of electronic books is open to all University of California faculty, staff, and students, while more than 700 of the titles are available to the public. Print versions of many of the electronic books can be purchased directly from the publishers.
Check also this handout to see other free e-book sources.