The Academic Support Centre exists to support all Yukon College students. The Centre offers a supportive and welcoming space to study and receive help with writing, math, computers, and other academic skills.
Subject specific assistance is available throughout the year, but please note that services are more readily available during the fall and winter terms. During the fall and winter terms, the Centre hours include daytime and some late days.
Coaches from across the College are here to offer one-on-one appointments to students in need of writing support.
Visit the Lorene Robertson Writing Centre, for help with:
- Get started on an assignment and focus your ideas
- Outline and plan your assignment
- Write clearly, logically and effectively
- Address specific needs and writing problems
- Revise the first and final drafts of your project
- Gain confidence in your writing
For in-person appointments, the Centre coaching office is located in the Academic Support Centre in room A2302 (in April, coaching appointments will be held in the tutorial room A2316).
You can also participate in a coaching appointments over the phone or online. Lorene Robertson Writing Centre appointments will resume in September 2017.
Please see the Academic Support Centre schedule for English and writing support times.
Our instructors are here to help.
Drop into room A2309 for help with writing, math, computers, and other academic skills.
Subject specific assistance is available throughout the year, but please note that services are more readily available during the fall and winter terms.
During the fall and winter terms, the Centre hours include daytime and some late days.
Check the whiteboard in A2309 for the latest schedule updates.
Are you preparing for the Yukon College Entrance Assessments?
Yukon College Assessments measure a student’s abilities in mathematics and English, and help Academic Advisors place students in the appropriate courses.
Pick up a paper copy of practice materials from the Academic Support Centre or access them below.
English Assessment practice:
- Accuplacer Reading Comprehension/Sentence Skills
- ESL Reading Skills
- WritePlacer Guide with Sample Essays
Math Assessment practice:
- Math 1: Arithmetic Review
- Math 2: Algebra Review
- Video links for both math review packages (and for use with CAP math courses)
See the Assessments & Testing webpage for more information about Yukon College Assessments.
Looking for a Study Space?
Room A2316 is available for use by:
- Instructors for reviewing sessions, recording lessons, or invigilating exams
- Students for group study space and projects
Please phone 867.668.8850 OR toll free 1.800.661.0504 if you have any questions about booking this tutorial room.