The Academic Support Centre exists to support all Yukon College students. The Centre offers a supportive and welcoming space to study and receive help with writing, math, computers, and other academic skills.
Subject specific assistance is available throughout the year, but please note that services are more readily available during the fall and winter terms. During the fall and winter terms, the Centre hours include daytime and some late days.
Book an appointment
|ESL Writing Centre||Writing Centre||Case Manager|
|CAP Science Centre||Math Centre||Tutorial Room|
If you would like to meet with a specific advisor/coach, please contact the School of Academic and Skill Development reception at 867.668.8850.
Our instructors are here to help. Stop into room A2309 for help with writing, math, computers, and other academic skills.
Subject specific assistance is available throughout the year, but please note that services are more readily available during the fall and winter terms.
During the fall and winter terms, instructor hours in the Centre include daytime and some late days.
Check the whiteboard in A2309 or the link below for the latest schedule updates.
If you are not at Ayamdigut campus in Whitehorse, our instructors are available to help by phone, text messaging, or video conference. This is the same service as our walk-in help, offered by distance.
Distance help is available at different times throughout the week. Please check the schedule online for availability. You can text questions at any time, and an instructor will respond during scheduled hours.
If you would like to connect live by video-conference with an instructor, to share documents, or to use a shared whiteboard, then follow these simple steps:
- Connect with an instructor by phone or text first at 867.334.6749
- The instructor will open a Zoom meeting
- You will need a mobile phone or internet connected computer with a microphone and video camera
- Click the link below to join the meeting and work with the instructor live online
- Using educational technology to attend a live class via videoconferencing
- Using the internet to access your course materials
- Learning how to succeed as a distance learner
- Access to academic and personal support
Contact an e-learning mentor by email at: email@example.com
For more information about distance learning at Yukon College, see https://www.yukoncollege.yk.ca/programs/distance-learning
Room A2316 is available for use by:
- Instructors for reviewing sessions, recording lessons, or invigilating exams
- Students for group study space and projects
Please phone 867.668.8850 OR toll free 1.800.661.0504 if you have any questions about booking this tutorial room.
Coaches from across the College are here to offer writing support through one-on-one appointments or small groups of 2 – 3 students with the same question. Visit the Lorene Robertson Writing Centre, for help to:
- Get started on an assignment and focus your ideas
- Outline and plan your assignment
- Write clearly, logically and effectively
- Address specific needs and writing problems
- Revise the first and final drafts of your project
- Gain confidence in your writing
For in-person appointments, the Centre coaching office is located near the Academic Support Centre in room A2306/7.
You can also participate in a coaching appointments over the phone or by video-conferencing.
Please see the Academic Support Centre schedule for a description of specific English courses supported by instructors.
For helps and guides on writing essays, formatting, citations, research strategies, and more, visit the Library Services' Helps and Guides.
Coaches from across the College are here to offer support for math course concepts through one-on-one appointments or small groups of 2 – 3 students with the same question.
For in-person appointments, check-in at reception in A2300 or at the Academic Support Centre. You can also participate in coaching appointments over the phone or by video-conferencing.
Please see the Academic Support Centre schedule for a description of specific Math courses supported by instructors.
Are you preparing for the Yukon College Entrance Assessments?
Yukon College Assessments measure a student’s abilities in mathematics and English, and help Academic Advisors place students in the appropriate courses.
Pick up a paper copy of practice materials from the Academic Support Centre or access them below.
English Assessment practice:
- Accuplacer Reading Comprehension/Sentence Skills
- ESL Reading Skills
- WritePlacer Guide with Sample Essays
Math Assessment practice:
- Math 1: Arithmetic Review
- Math 2: Algebra Review
- Video links for both math review packages (and for use with CAP math courses)
See the Assessments & Testing webpage for more information about Yukon College Assessments.