The Research Support Fund (RSF) supports Canadian postsecondary institutions and their affiliates with a portion of the costs associated with managing the indirect costs of research. Formerly known as the Indirect Costs Program, the RSF program is a Tri-Agency initiative of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council and Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. Grants can be used to:
• maintain modern labs and equipment;
• provide access to up-to-date knowledge resources;
• provide research management and administrative support;
• meet regulatory and ethical standards; and
• transfer knowledge from academia to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Yukon College received $19,654 RSF grant funds for 2016-17 and the funds were used to maintain lab equipment as well as provide research management and administrative support.
Yukon College’s Affiliated Institution(s)
• Lakehead University
• University of Alberta
• University of Saskatchewan
• Laval University