What can the Research Services Office help with?
The Research Services Office supports research and scholarly activity from beginning to end. The Research Services Office fosters a culture of scholarly inquiry across all our campuses.
Our services include:
- Assisting with the development of research ideas;
- Providing information on sources of project funding;
- Administering grants and awards;
- Access to lab space, equipment and collections;
- Ethics services and support;
- Communicating and celebrating research and scholarly activity.
Need some inspiration developing your research or scholarly activity idea?
- Check out the Yukon College strategic plan to help provide some guidance
- Drop by Research Chats- every Friday at lunch in A2601
- Contact the Research Services Office at 867.668.8895
You have a research or scholarly activity idea - now what?
We'll help you develop your research question and get you thinking about other project considerations, like:
We'll work with you to find and apply for both internal and external funding.
- Available Internal Grants (1 year funding term):
- External funding may be available from:
**Please note: applications for funding over $50,000 must be approved by the Financial Administration Committee [BH1] prior to development and submission. The Research Services Office can help facilitate this process.
We'll help you navigate ethics and assist you with working on the land and with communities.
- Human and animal research ethics applications are due two weeks prior to Research Ethics Board meeting for review
- Be sure to apply for ethics at the same time as funding goes in, so there is no delay in starting your research once the funds come in – please check in with the Ethics Coordinator.
- Understand Yukon College’s Policies and Procedures on Research Ethics and Compliance
We'll help you get your project underway or assist with revisions to your funding application.
- Congrats, your funding came through! Let's work together to:
- Inform communications department
- Start a research account with Research Services Office
- Understand hiring and purchasing associated with research projects
- Develop partnership agreements and sub-contracts
- Understand how to administer travel
- Monitor your budget
- Report on your project to your funder
- Update your Open Scholar page to inform folks of your exciting new project
- Ensure photos and videos of your project are collected with the appropriate consent forms and captions
- Your funding did not come through. Let's work on:
- Evaluating your proposal and providing feedback
- Informing the Financial Administration Committee and closing out your Project Identification Form
- Checking out other funding opportunities
- Working on developing a new idea
We'll help you through the final stages of your project, such as:
- Closing accounts
- Final reporting
- Financial reporting
- Dissemination of results
- Yukon College repository
- Photos/videos upload
- Update Open Scholar with publication, links and any other information