Distance Learning courses are offered by Yukon College in two formats: web-conferencing and online.
Both web-conferencing and online options allow students to take courses from home or other off-campus locations. Students taking a fully online course do not need to attend a class on campus. Students taking a course using web-conferencing can attend the course live at any YC campus, or can attend by distance from home or another off-campus location.
- Allows students to attend a live class via the internet using web-conferencing technology.
- Web-conferencing courses have set days and times when students must attend, just as with courses held on campus.
- In some cases, distance students using web-conferencing will actually be joining on-campus students who are attending live in a classroom.
- Offered via the internet using a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Online courses are not held in classrooms and there are no live classes. All course work, and communication with the Instructor and other students, is done entirely online.
- Online courses require that students have access to a computer and internet. Students attending web-conferencing courses off-campus (from home, for example) will also need a computer and internet access but may need additional equipment (such as a headset and microphone).