The Teslin Community Campus opened in 1985 to provide college programming to the Tlingit First Nation people and residents of the Teslin area. Since that time it has moved to many colorful locations including the back seat of an instructor’s car after fire destroyed a campus! It is now housed in the modern coastal-style Teslin Tlingit Council Administration Building and contains a classroom and computer lab. Strong partnerships with the First Nation and other local organizations have enabled the campus to meet the community’s ever evolving education and training needs.
- Distance learning courses
- Community computer/internet access
- Hosting community dinner and lunch meetings
Distance & Online Learning
A wide variety of adult upgrading, video-conference, and online courses are available to students at the campus, allowing students to pursue full-time or part-time Yukon College programs.
Ondemand Programs & Courses
The campus provides a wide variety of programs and courses based on community demand and interest, including:
- College upgrading, usually English, Math, and Study Skills
- Access to college credit courses through videoconferencing
- Standard and Wilderness First Aid
- Ticketed industrial safety courses
- Personal Interest courses such as photography, sewing, mechanics, and leather-making; leadership and management training
- Adult Basic Education programs such as Heritage and Culture Essential Skills and Essential Skills for Event Planning.