Open Studies allows you to take university-level credit courses from a variety of subject areas and disciplines, for:
- professional development
- upgrading post-secondary qualifications
- general interest
Through Open Studies, you can earn up to six credits in each term (typically two courses) without being enrolled in a program.
Credits earned may be considered toward a future degree or diploma. To receive a credential, you will be required to apply, and be accepted, to a program.
How to register for Open Studies
Open Studies is available to everyone.
A valid student account will be required to register. To obtain a student account please call the Admissions Office at 867.668.8710, email, or visit the Admissions Office at the Ayamidgut campus.
Once your student account is created you can register online.
Please note: You must meet course pre-requisites and may need a program advisors approval to register for a course.
Whether you're exploring education possibilities or looking for resources to help further your career, our advisors are here to support you.
Admissions & Registration
Have questions about submitting your application or registering for courses? Our admissions and registration team is happy to help.
Get in touch!
Call 867.668.8710 or 1.800.661.0504, or email us.
Learn more about Yukon College programs, applying for admission and study tours.
Student Awards & Financial Assistance
From government programs to scholarships, awards, bursaries, and First Nation funding, our Financial Aid Advisor can help with your application for financial support.
Jump into the College experience by living in Campus Housing. It’s a great way to meet new people, be near on-campus activities, and focus in a study-oriented environment.
- Course lists can be found within a program.
- If you’d like to take only one or two courses within a program, please confirm with the department advisor.
- Some programs, such as trades, do not allow students to take courses without enrolling in the program.
- For application and registration information, visit the important dates page.
- Please note: All entrance requirements are subject to minor changes.
- In addition to academic courses, there are also continuing education courses.