Moodle is Yukon College's Learning Management System (LMS). An LMS allows teachers to create a private space online (a course) and add resources and activities to enhance learning opportunities.
View a Moodle course template here.
Learn basic layout/ navigation and what's new in Moodle 3.4
Moodle Community Resources:
- Moodle Docs main page (Always make sure you are looking at the correct document version. Yukon College is using Moodle version 3.4.)
Panopto is used for recording (screen capture), basic editing and video management.
Learn how to download and install the Panopto application to use for recording videos in your class. (Note: You will likely have to contact the IT help desk for help installing on a college computer.)
Advantages of Recording lectures in Panopto:
- Save time: Recordings can progressively upload to our Panopto channel, which can easily be added to your Moodle course page using the green Panopto button.
- If you record with "capture PowerPoint" all content from your slides will be indexed and searchable by students from the online Panopto viewer.
- You can make the videos available to your students to download if you want.
- Videos are more private than Youtube
July 2018: We are using Panopto version: 5.7
Access Panopto Video Tutorials
Used by all students and staff. Please see topic to right called "Office 365".
In recent years the distinction between "video conferencing" and "web conferencing" has blurred. Both refer to collaborative technologies that manage synchronous audio, video and content sharing, however the terms are often used inconsistently to refer to slightly different types of conferencing. (learn more here)
At Yukon College, both terms refer to synchronous (online) teaching, typically facilitated from our specially equipped classrooms. Zoom/video conferencing can also be used in asynchronous classes to host a tutorial or connect students for group work.
Students are expected to connect at specific, regular class times via video conferencing software. Often, students will connect together from a community but the option to attend from home is also available.
Teaching in this context demands a high-degree of focus and ability to multi-task. Seasoned instructors have contributed to the following Top-10 Tips for Teaching from a Multi-site, Video Conferencing Classroom.
Zoom is the (new) video conferencing software for teaching. The software offers robust functionality to support a variety of teaching & learning activities.
Every instructor scheduled to teach a synchronous-online course will be assigned a Zoom license for the duration of their class.
Get Ready for September 2018!
Jump-start learning Zoom:
Consider registering for one (or more) of Zoom's weekly, live training events!
Only people who host meetings/classes require a license. Anyone who is invited to a meeting (up to 100 participants) will be able to join without a Zoom license. Zoom accounts must be assigned to an individual email account. (Sorry, no group emails or "shared" accounts.) In your request, please include the following details:
1. What Yukon College email should the license be assigned to?
2. What do you expect to use the license for? (ex: teaching a distance class)
Submit new license requests to the Help Desk.
Yukon College Orientation Sessions:
There are several orientation opportunities for instructors in August/September.
Participants must review the following 5 videos before attending an orientation session.
Time requirement: Approximately 5 minutes
1. One-minute video- Scheduling a meeting:
- Select "recurring meeting" type
2. Less than 1-minute video: Joining audio/video
3. One-minute video- Basic meeting controls
4. Less than 1-minute video - How to share your screen
5. One-minute vide - recording
- ITLC will communicate details about where to save recordings in August.
Training and Technical Support is available through Zoom:
24/7 Zoom Customer Support:
- Zoom Help Center – Search or Browse Zoom help topics
- Submit Online at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new
- CHAT LIVE with Zoom support on their website
- Dial Directly at: (888) 799- 9666 ext. 2 or (650) 397-6096 ext. 2
Yukon College Support:
- Training, coaching and workshop opportunities for instructors.
- See the Teaching Learning Events calendar on MyYC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Help Desk: Get help:
- Installing updates, plugins or new software
- With missing or unresponsive classroom equipment
- With audio/video problems
Softchalk is a course content authoring tool that is compatible with all major learning management systems (including Moodle). Moodle can do everything Softchalk can, and more. We encourage new instructors to build courses in Moodle, however Softchalk support is still available for those who already have content there. Support is also available to help instructors move content from Softchalk to Moodle.
Please refer to our comprehensive Introduction to Softchalk how-to guide for complete lesson building instructions.