Welcome to ITLC’s knowledgebase resource. In the sidebar to the right, choose a category and a series of questions and answers will be displayed. Whenever possible, links to additional resources have been provided. Additional resources include: printable, 'how-to' guides, and websites with more detailed training and learning opportunities on specific topics.
The knowledgebase is constantly being updated and improved based on questions we receive from our users – please send your questions to us through the Help Desk ticketing system. Use the search function (above) to locate keywords across all categories. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact the Learning Commons using the information located in the sidebar.
The default login information for a new account for workstation access is the first initial of the employee’s first name, and their last name, so in the case of Mary Smith the login would be: msmith
The initial password is: Yc!DOB (in the format of ddmmyy)
You will be asked to change your password the first time you log onto a workstation. (*please review Password Criteria below)
Office 365 & MyCourses:
The username for Office 365 & MyCourses is the same as above with @yukoncollege.yk.ca added. ie: msmith becomes: email@example.com
If you have logged into a workstation and have changed your password then that will be your password for Office 365 and for MyCourses
If you haven’t yet changed your password you can use the default.
The default password information for a new account for E-mail, workstation access, Office 365 and Moodle will be Yc!DOB (in the format of ddmmyy).
To access your email via Office 365 go to www.yukoncollege.yk.ca
Select “Login” at the top right corner of the screen
Select the “Office 365” tab
To access “MyCourses” go to www.yukoncollege.yk.ca
Select “Login” at the top right corner of the screen
Select the “MyCourses” tab
Banner & FAST:
The username for BANNER and FAST is the first initial of the employee’s first name, and their last name, so in the case of Mary Smith the login would be: msmith
The default password information for Banner/Fast is Capital letter of the employee’s first name, their employee ID and a small letter of their last name, so in the case of Mary Smith with Employee ID of 000012345, her password would be M000012345s.
To access Banner Fast go to www.yukoncollege.yk.ca/fast
PLEASE NOTE that in case of FAST/BANNER access, a person with a NEW ACCOUNT MUST LOGIN to BANNER at the college and change their default password BEFORE attempting to access Banner or FAST on /off-site.
In the case of returning employees their passwords will be unchanged from the last time they used the system.
Yes. Students and staff of Yukon College have access to several software options at special rates via OnTheHub.
1. Go to http://yukoncollege.onthehub.com
2. Click on "Sign In" at the top right of the page
3. Click on "Register" button
4. Check "I have an institution-based email address"
5. Enter your institution email address and your account information, and click on "Register"
6. You will receive an email from OnTheHub with the link to click on in order to be verified as an Academic User of your institution
7. Click on the link to be verified (This is very important. Please do not skip this!!!)
8. Once you are verified you are prompted to the website. Then you can start shopping.
9. For assistance phone 1-888-396-1447
1. Go to the library website at http://yukoncollege.yk.ca/library
2. There are two options to access databases on campus (located beneath the “Find Books” search box):
a. Click on “Find Articles: All Databases” to see a full list of databases
b. Click on “Find Articles: Databases by Subject” to see a list of recommended databases by discipline)
3. If you chose the “All Databases” option, click on the database name you wish to search and then click on the Ayamdigut link (if you are in Whitehorse) or Community Campus link (if you are in the communities) to open the database.
4. If you chose the “Databases by Subject” option, click on the discipline/main subject you are interested in and then click on the database name you wish to search. Click on the Ayamdigut link (if you are in Whitehorse) or Community Campus link (if you are in the communities) to open the database.
Accessing databases from home
IMPORTANT: Remote access to databases require authentication. Make sure you have a current library account (a current barcode number should be located at the back of your student card) and library password before you proceed.
1. Go to library website at http://yukoncollege.yk.ca/library
2. Click on “Find Articles: Databases from Home”
3. Enter your student number (e.g. 000012345) and library password and then click on “Submit Request”
4. Choose a database from the list available on the Remote Resources Page.
Contact Library Staff at 867 668.8870 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to this page.
Please refer to the Moodle section in this knowledgebase.
Check the answers below and see which one applies to you.
1) You are not able to login to the remote resources page
Most common reasons:
a) Problems with your Library account
Remote access to library databases is only allowed to current Library patrons whose status is "good". In other words, if you don't have a library account, if your account hasn't been updated for the current term, or if you have outstanding fines blocking your account, you will not be able to login to a database remotely. To either of these cases, contact the Library directly at (867) 668-8870 or through the e-mail email@example.com
b) Your account number is incorrect
Make sure you enter your full student number. E.g. 000012345. All zeroes must be included!
c) Your password is incorrect
Your password for remote database access is not necessarily the same that you use for computer or e-mail access. Your password for Library resources shouldn't be longer than 7 digits. If unsure about what your password is or if you need to reset it, contact the Library at (867) 668-8870 or through the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2) You are able to login to the remote resources page, but you see an error after clicking on a database name
Most common reasons:
a) This may be a temporary problem with the database provider. Wait for a few minutes and try again. Try also clearing your browser history and cache.
b) Some browsers work better than others for database search. We recommend using Firefox or Chrome.
c) There might be an authentication issue between the database provider and the Library. If none of the suggestions above works for you, take a screenshot of the error page and send it to email@example.com, or fill in an IT Help ticket. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact the IT Helpdesk for help. You can reach us here: http://help.yukoncollege.yk.ca
or through 867.456.8610
If you need instant help, come in person to the IT Helpdesk. Do not attempt to pull cables by yourself. The Helpdesk is located in the Library and is open during Library hours.
September to April
Monday-Thursday: 8:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Please refer to the FAST section of this knowledgebase.
Please refer to the Fuze section in this knowledge base.