Student Welcome Centre Hosts
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR PART-TIME EMPLOYMENT?
As ambassadors for Yukon College, Welcome Centre Hosts will provide a first point of contact for individuals entering Yukon College and will be responsible for assisting students, members of the public, staff and faculty with information, inquiries, and immediate needs.
The Host will be committed to staying current with Yukon College systems and process and collect input for important data collection. In addition, the Host will be responsible for maintaining bulletin boards for events and activities on campus; and collecting, maintaining, and providing feedback on important data collection inputs.
Each host will be encouraged and supported in growing both their employability and leadership skills, including the potential of working on a project which is of interest to you and the College.
- Must be a Yukon College student.
- Ability to provide a helpful and welcoming presence, empowering all persons at Yukon College to feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Excellent ability to speak and write the English language, and the ability to respond to complex questions, both in-person, via phone, and via email.
- Commitment to being creative, innovative and synergetic in all aspects of this position including education, problem solving and research.
- Demonstrated experience in providing superior customer service, including pro-actively identifying and resolving queries in a timely and efficient manner, as well as handling the occasional difficult interaction.
- Reliable, on time and willing to learn and enhance skills throughout employment.
- Dedication to research, and staying well-informed on Yukon College programs, services, and events.
- Experience in Office 365 applications such as Word, Excel, Publisher, SharePoint and OneDrive is considered an asset.
- Experience in an administrative and/or reception position is an asset.
Quoting the competition number, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Applicants should clearly outline all relevant qualifications since selection for interview will be based on applications submitted.
Please be prepared to provide official transcripts upon request.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.