When you hear a fire alarm (a series of 3 buzzes) or are ordered to evacuate by other means of communication:
- Immediately leave your classroom/office.
- Close but do not lock the door.
- Follow the evacuation route posted in your classroom, office or work area, or leave through the nearest fire exit, or instructions given by the Fire Warden.
- Fire Wardens will be wearing bright safety vests, safety helmets and carrying walkie-talkies.
- Do not use the elevator.
- Go to your assigned Muster Point and report to the Fire Warden.
- If you, another student or staff member or visitor needs help to evacuate, ensure that person receives physical assistance and is evacuated.
- Do not re-enter the building until instructed to do so by the Fire Warden.
NOTE: If an emergency situation takes place on the Yukon College property and weather does not allow for an extended stay outside, Yukon College has an agreement with the Arts Center for the College to evacuate there (including Campus Housing CH500). Fire Wardens will advise if this will happen.