Admissions & Registration
APPLYING FOR ADMISSION TO YUKON COLLEGE
STEP ONE: Apply for Admission
Complete the application (above) and send with any supporting documents, to: Yukon College Admissions Office, 500 College Drive, PO Box 2799 Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 5K4
Support your application by providing proof of your previous education in one of the following ways:
- High School graduates: Submit an official copy of your transcript.
- Grade 12 students: Submit your transcript and a copy of your most recent report card. Arrange to have your high school send a final transcript when it becomes available.
- Mature students (19 years of age or older or 17 years of age and out of school at least one full academic year): Submit your high school transcript. You may also be required to write College Assessments.
Applications should be sent to the Admissions Office as soon as possible.
Application deadline for most September-entry programs - August 15th.
Application deadline for most January-entry programs - December 15th.
Please contact Program Advisors for exceptions to the September-entry application deadline. Some programs have early application deadlines (March-May). Program Advisors can be found on the Programs and Courses pages.
Students in their final year of high school should be aware of all application deadlines, and apply early even though they have not yet completed the required courses. They should also arrange for their high school to send final transcripts directly to Yukon College when those become available.
STEP TWO: Course Registration
Once you’re admitted, you’ll receive a Letter of Acceptance. This means you are admitted to Yukon College but not yet registered into your program of choice.
Applying for admission and registering in courses are two separate processes. Acceptance into a Yukon College program confirms your eligibility to register in that program. Only course registration and payment of tuition and related fees guarantees your seat. Enrolment in most courses is limited, so courses may fill before the end of the registration period. Students are encouraged to register early in order to avoid disappointment.
Students must register and pay for their courses before attending classes.
Registering for courses
Simply follow these steps:
- Make an appointment with a program advisor. Contact information is included in your Letter of Acceptance. Remember to bring your Letter of Acceptance with you. With the assistance of your program advisor, pick your courses and fill out an Authorization to Register form (available on our website or at the Admissions Office).
- Bring your completed Authorization to Register form to the Admissions Office where your registration will be processed and you will pay your fees.
You may also:
- Apply for Financial Aid. Canadian students attending Yukon College may be eligible for financial assistance from the Yukon or Canadian governments. First Nations students should speak with their individual First Nation’s Office about funding. Contact Student Services if you require assistance with financial aid.
- Apply for Campus Housing. Complete the Campus Housing Application Form and ensure you have accommodation before your classes begin. Rooms can fill quickly. Don’t delay!
Be sure to review the Important Dates for the academic year.
For further information please contact the Admissions Office:
t. 867.668.8710 or toll free at 1-800-661-0504 and ask for Admissions