Nicole Lacroix
Enrolment Management Advisor
t: 867-668-8844

Financial Awards

Students are at the heart of Yukon College and are an integral part of Yukon’s future. Our Financial Awards program can help you reach your educational goals. Yukon College and our generous donors understand the value of an education, so we supply a variety of awards to help you support your educational and living costs.

Awards can be based on academic or personal achievement, or financial need, along with other specialized criteria. All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.

How to apply

Click on each award below to see whether you are eligible to apply and what documents you need to submit.

Whether you are applying for one or many awards, you need to fill out the following two documents only once:

  1. Student Financial Award Application
  2. Student Financial Award Application Waiver

Each award has additional application requirements and additional documents you need to submit. For instance, some require a Budget Sheet and some require a letter or essay. Please read the information carefully, and if you have any questions feel free to contact the Student Services Centre at 867.668.8720.

Applications can be submitted in person at the Student Services Centre, Ayamdigut Campus or to


Geoey Shaw Bursary Fund: $500
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017

Sally Webber wishes to make a $500 bursary available to a Yukon First Nation student entering into the School of Visual Arts program.  This bursary was established in memory of Norman George Shaw, the late partner of Yukon College President, Sally Webber. Geoey, as he preferred to be called, spent many years working in First Nations and Inuit communities in Canada. He was especially committed to fostering indigenous artists and traditional art forms. He believed that the intergenerational transfer of traditional art forms and techniques was essential to the building and maintenance of healthy people and communities.

To apply, you must:

  • Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • Be a current Yukon resident
  • Be registered full-time in Yukon College’s School of Visual Arts program
  • Be a member of a Yukon First Nation
  • Demonstrate financial need

Documents you need to submit: