If you are student in one of the following programs, you can also use the library at the university that is offering your program.
(Listed alphabetically by institution)
- Master of Educational Leadership—Simon Fraser University
- Master of Public Administration—University of Alaska Southeast
- Bachelor of Science—University of Alberta
- Master of Education—University of Northern British Columbia
- Bachelor of Education— See the Using the U of R Library (BEd & BSW)section down in this page.
- Bachelor of Social Work—See the Using the U of R Library (BEd & BSW)section down in this page.
Yukon College also offers two online programs through collaborations at several institutions. Only if you are in the Yukon and paying your tuition directly to Yukon College may you use YC Library. Otherwise, you are to use the library at your home institution.
- Yukon Energy, Mines & Resources Library
- Yukon Environment Library
- Yukon Public Law Library
- Yukon Staff Development Library
- Education Resource Services
- School Libraries
- Virtual Tour of the Yukon Energy, Mines and Resources Library
Introduction to UREAD (University of Regina Education at a Distance):
Currently registered students, or staff members in the YNTEP or BSW program are associated with the University of Regina, and have access to the University of Regina library system through UREAD (which stands for University of Regina Education at a Distance).
So, contact UREAD to become a patron of their library too and maximize your access to library resources.
Toll: 1-800-667-6014 (in Canada)
University of Regina Library Website: http://www.uregina.ca/library
Mail: UREAD, Dr. John Archer Library
University of Regina Regina, SK S4S 0A2
How To Request Materials:
- Go to the Materials Request Form
- Inform as much information as possible. The more information you provide, the better the chances they will send you the materials in a timely manner.
- Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How to Access the Online Databases:
The University of Regina Libraries subscribe to a number of online journal indexes, abstracts and databases which can be searched to locate articles in journals or magazines. In some cases full-text articles are available online. In other cases only a citation and/or abstract will be provided and you will need to check the library catalogue to see if the item is available in the library. To obtain a copy of the article call the UREAD office.
Due to licensing agreements there are restrictions on who can access the databases. Access is limited to registered students and staff of the University of Regina. A username and password is required to verify your status. Off-campus students who do not have University of Regina photo ID should call UREAD to obtain this information.
To begin searching the databases:
- On the library homepage (http://www.uregina.ca/library), click on the “Search/Find” link on the left side of the page.
- Browse either the alphabetical or subject list to locate the database you want to search.
- Click on the name of the database that you want to search.
- An intermediary screen will appear and request a username and password.
- The username is your surname all in lowercase letters.
- The password is your library barcode number.