Computer & Equipment Use
Available to YC Students
Headsets and some laptop computers are available for in-library use at the Library front desk. Students must have a valid Library account in order to borrow this type of equipment.
Other types of AV equipment may be borrowed on a case-by-case basis, depending on availability and upon instructor's approval. Contact the Library staff for more information.
- YC Library provides a range of audiovisual equipment and adapters for instructors and staff of Yukon College. To know more about the AV Services, check our AV Services page.
Members of the public can use a TV, VCR, and DVD player to preview library materials. The equipment is available in our Group Study Room.
Eight desktop computers are also available for research purposes (no social media). No printer or scanner is available to the public.
The library has one black-and-white photocopier, which is operated by magnetic cards.
The cost per copy is 10 cents and cards are sold in varying denominations and colors at the Circulation Desk.
All photocopying must comply with Canadian Copyright Law, please refer to the Copyright and the Library page for further information.
Overhead transparencies are sold at the Circulation Desk for 50 cents each.
Library Staff will send faxes for students.
Charges depend on destination:
- Local and 800 numbers: 50 cents per page
- Long distance (within North America): $1.00 per page
- International: $2.00 per page
Students can receive faxes free of charge, however the library cannot be responsible for contacting students to let them know that a fax has arrived. The library’s fax number is 867-668-8808.
A regular printer (black & white) is available for YC students at the Library Computer lab. No printer is available for public patrons.
You can access the Internet from your laptop or mobile device anywhere in the College. To start using:
Students & Staff
- Go to the wireless settings on your device and connect to "Yukon-College"
- Open your browser. Click on "Accept" if you see a pop-up window asking if you want to proceed.
- Enter your College ID and password (the same of your College email) to start using the network.
- Go to the wireless settings on your device and connect to "YC-Guest;
- Create your guest account by typing in your name, last name, and e-mail.