Can I get my study permit while in Canada?

Yes, it is possible to obtain a Study Permit while in Canada, however you must apply for this from outside of Canada. 

Are scholarships available for international students?

Yes, but only once you have studied at Yukon College for one semester.  International students are encouraged to apply for scholarships, based on their Grade Point Average (GPA) from the first term.  Scholarships are available only to those students who are in credit programs.  ESL programs do not apply.

When do courses start?

Yukon College offers programs all year long.  There are no application deadlines, but apply early to avoid disappointment!  Most students apply between 3 and 6 months in advance.   For more information, click here.

Do I need to have medical insurance?

Yes, it is required that students have medical insurance while studying in Canada.  Yukon College International can assist students with obtaining insurance through a private company.

Can I live in a dorm at Yukon College?

Yes, the College offers residences/dorms or homestay.  You can also rent your own apartment in the city of Whitehorse.  For more information, go to our Accommodation page. 

to top of page


What is the application deadline?

There are no deadlines at Yukon College. However, be sure to apply early so you can get a seat in your program of choice.

Where is Yukon College?

Yukon College is near Alaska.  It’s in the northwestern part of Canada, in the Yukon Territory.  The college is located in the capital city of Whitehorse.  Whitehorse is a lively city, with several shopping districts, entertainment facilities and sites of interest.

How much is tuition?

Please visit our fees page.

Do I have to pay tuition before I arrive in Canada?

No, students are not required to pay their tuition until they arrive at Yukon College.  However, tuition must be paid before students can begin their studies.

Is a TOEFL score required for admission?

No, but without a TOEFL or IELTS score, students may only receive a Letter of Acceptance for ESL programs.

What do I need to get into Yukon College?

Our admission requirements allow students to take high school upgrading or enter directly into academic or career programs.  For more information go to Admission Requirements.

Can I work while studying in Canada?

Yes, there are a variety of work options for international students.  For more information, go to Current Students.