If you meet Yukon College’s English requirements, you may be eligible to enter your program directly.  Check program information to confirm what other courses you may need before you can enter your program of choice.  This information can be found by going to the Yukon College Programs page, click on the program you want to take, and then choose “Program Admission” from the left-hand menu.


Intermediate = TOEFL iBT 41 to 53 or IELTS 4.0 to 4.5
Advanced = TOEFL iBT 64 to 78 or IELTS 5 to 6.

If you don’t know your TOEFL or IELTS scores, Yukon College International Admissions staff can assist you by providing an assessment test upon your arrival. Please us by email.

Prerequisites are the courses you need to have already taken in order to enter a specific program.  To find out about the prerequisites for your program, go to the Yukon College Programs page, click on the program you want to take, and then choose “Program Admission” from the left-hand menu.

Students who are sent a Letter of Acceptance may enter directly into the program of study noted on the letter.  This means that there are no additional courses that you are required to take before you enter this program.  A deposit to hold your seat in the program may be required at this stage. We will inform you if this is the case.

Students who are sent a Conditional Letter of Acceptance have been accepted to begin studies at Yukon College.  If you get a Conditional Letter of Acceptance it means that you have to take one or more prerequisite courses before you can apply to a specific program.

The visa requirement depends on your country of origin.  See the Citizenship and Immigration Canada information on countries of citizenship requiring a visa. Please check Immigration Canada’s website for current information on the papers you will need to enter and study in Canada.

You do not need a study permit if you are planning to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less.  You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.  Even if you do not need a study permit, it’s a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada.  If you decide that you want to continue your studies, after you complete your short-term course or program, you must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if you do not already have one.


  • It is not possible to apply for a study permit from within Canada.
  • If you think you might want to travel to the USA during the time you are in Canada, you should apply for a US visa while you are still in your home country.

to top of page


  1. Get Information from www.yukoncollege.yk.ca/international
  2. Fill out application form
  3. Send application forms- If you are applying for Intermediate Level ESL, send your English Writing Sample (25-30 sentences of English introducing yourself).  If you are applying for a program besides Intermediate Level ESL, then you will need to send your original IELTS/ iBT TOEFL score and high school transcripts with your application.
  4. Pay application fees
  5. Receive Letter of Eligibility (If you are applying for academic/ career programs)
  6. Pay Tuition Deposit by clicking here (If you are applying for academic/ career programs)
  7. Wait for Acceptance Letter
  8. Apply for Student Visa
  9. Receive confirmation for the accommodation of your choice
  10. Book your flights and confirm the date of arrival with Yukon College International
  11. Come to visit Yukon College
  12. Register for courses


Yukon College offers programs all year long.  There are no application deadlines, but apply early to avoid disappointment!  Most students apply between 3 and 6 months in advance.

The College offers 5 levels of ESL in two groupings – Intermediate and Advanced. Certificates are awarded for the completion of each of the 5 levels. Here are the start dates for English as a Second Language (ESL) programs.

  • Intermediate ESL starts in  September and January. Students may begin studies on any Monday, between September and the end of April.
  • Advanced ESL students must study for a semester – Fall (September) or Winter (January).

Summer ESL

  • Multi-level ESL (mixed Advanced and Intermediate)  courses begin in May. Students may begin  on any Monday between the start of May and the middle of August.
Most academic or career programs start in the Fall (September) or Winter (January) and last for 15 weeks
  • .

Most academic or career programs start in the Fall (September) or Winter (January) and last for 15 weeks .



The personal information provided on the application form is collected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation. Therefore, personal information about you can only be discussed directly with you, unless you provide us with written permission to discuss your details with someone else.