There are many part-time jobs available for international students in Whitehorse throughout the year.  The Citizenship and Immigration website provides information for work permit applications

Once you have studied in Canada for six months in an academic program (ESL doesn’t qualify) and are in good academic standing, you may bring your work permit application to the Yukon College International office for endorsement.

to top of page


If you are planning to study longer than six months in Canada, you will need a study permit.  Go to Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website Studying in Canada for more information.


If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, come to the Yukon College International office to complete an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada.  Check the expiry date on your study permit, and make sure you apply before that date.  You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires.

More information can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration website.

Once you have your new study permit, bring it to the Yukon College International office and we will make a copy for our files.