Yukon College Home Become a Student Admissions & Registration

Admissions & Registration

Residents of Canada: please use Application for Admission
International Students: see international student application information

For further information please contact the Admissions Office:
t. 867.668.8710 or toll free at 1-800-661-0504 and ask for Admissions


Yukon College welcomes applications from all Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, persons with permanent resident status or a study permit.

Applicants without the academic prerequisites may qualify for entry into a program by successfully completing College Assessments.

Mature Student Status is granted to those applicants 19 years of age or older, or 17 years of age and out of school for at least one year.

Applicants are considered for admission to most programs on a first-come, first-served basis, after all required documents and the application fee have been received. To ensure consideration for a program, apply as early as possible.

English is the language of instruction and communication at the College. All coursework required of the students shall be in English, except for other language courses.

Regardless of the country of origin or citizenship, all applicants will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English before being accepted to programs of study (other than English as a Second Language program). This may be done by providing:

  • Proof of achievement at the grade level designated as the admission requirement for the program to which the student is applying, or equivalent; OR
  • Proof of achievement at the prescribed level in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT).

Applicants educated in a country other than Canada or the United States should have their transcripts evaluated by an agency such as International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) in British Columbia (http://www.bcit.ca/ices), or International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) in Alberta (http://www.employment.alberta.ca/immigration/4512.html).

Applicants and students who have been identified or who suspect they have any kind of disability or condition that might affect their learning should contact the Learning Assistance Centre coordinator as early in the application process as possible.


College Assessments measure an applicant’s skill level in English, math and other areas as required. These
assessments may be written at Whitehorse's Ayamdigut Campus and at community campuses throughout the Yukon. 


STEP ONE. Apply for Admission. Submit the completed application form and mail or deliver, along with any supporting documents, to: Yukon College Admissions Office 500 College Drive, PO Box 2799 Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 5K4

Support your application by providing proof of your previous education in one of the following ways:

  • High School graduates: Submit an official copy of your transcript.
  • Grade 12 students: Submit your transcript and a copy of your most recent report card. Arrange to have your high school send a final transcript when it becomes available.
  • Mature students (19 years of age or older or 17 years of age and out of school at least one full academic year): Submit your high school transcript. You may also be required to write College Assessments.

For programs that begin in September, applications should be sent to the Admissions Office by the end of
May. Some programs have application deadlines earlier than May. Please check the Yukon College website,
under Programs and Courses.

Students in their final year of high school should apply early even though they have not yet completed the
required courses. They should also arrange for their high school to send final transcripts directly to Yukon
College when those become available. 

STEP TWO. Course Registration

Once you’re admitted, you’ll receive a Letter of Acceptance. This means you are admitted to Yukon College but not yet registered into your program of choice.

Applying for admission and registering in courses are two separate processes. Acceptance into a Yukon College program confirms your eligibility to register in that program. Only course registration and payment of tuition and related fees guarantees your seat. Enrolment in most courses is limited, so courses may fill before the end of the registration period. Students are encouraged to register early in order to avoid disappointment.

Students must register and pay for their courses before attending classes.

Registering for courses
Simply follow these steps:

  1. Make an appointment with a program advisor. Contact information is included in your Letter of Acceptance. Remember to bring your Letter of Acceptance with you. With the assistance of your program advisor, pick your courses and fill out an Authorization to Register form (available on our website or at the Admissions Office).

  2. Bring your completed Authorization to Register form to the Admissions Office where your registration will be processed and you will pay your fees.

You may also:

  • Apply for Financial Aid. Canadian students attending Yukon College may be eligible for financial assistance from the Yukon or Canadian governments. First Nations students should speak with their individual First Nation’s Office about funding. Contact Student Services if you require assistance with financial aid.

  • Apply for Campus Housing. Complete the Campus Housing Application Form and ensure you have accommodation before your classes begin. Rooms can fill quickly. Don’t delay!  


Yukon College students can gain dual admission to Thompson Rivers University (TRU) in the area of Arts, Science and Business Administration. This dual admission will allow students to pursue bachelor degrees at TRU in these areas of study, entering directly into the second year from Yukon College (YC). This dual admission guarantees students from YC, the same registration priority as ongoing TRU students.

Interested in transferrring? Don’t wait! Apply to TRU now!

Download the application form.


Seats in Continuing Education (CE) courses are limited, so students are encouraged to register early to avoid disappointment. Students paying by credit card may register for CE courses by telephoning the Admissions Office at 867.668.8710 or Toll Free at 1.800.661.0504 during regular business hours. An organization or sponsor may register a student in CE courses by providing the Admissions Office with a Purchase Order or Letter of Sponsorship. Students are not registered until full payment has been received. Students who are unable to attend a course must withdraw at least five (5) working days prior to the course start time in order to qualify for a refund. Courses with insufficient enrollment may be cancelled. Students will be eligible for a full refund for cancelled CE courses.

Some courses may require student advising before registration. See course descriptions for information.